NPC is partnering with the Naples Art Association to provide a free bike valet service at each of the Association's 2016 art festivals. The first, Naples new Year's Art Fair, will take place on January 2-3 on Fifth Avenue S.
The valet station will be located at the corner of Fifth Avenue and 8th Street. Donations are welcome and will be used to support NPC's advocacy work on behalf of bicyclists, walkers and runners.
To offset costs, NPC and the Association are raffling a unique, hand painted bike by Naples artist Jane Vallejo Trejo. Tickets are $5 for one and $20 for five. The drawing for the bike will be held at the Naples National Art Festival on February 21, 2:30 pm, at the Cambier Park bandshell.
RIDE YOUR BIKE TO THE ART FESTIVAL!
NPC OFFERS BIKE VALET SERVICE
NPC ACTION PLAN FOR 2015
The Board of Directors of Naples Pathways Coalition identified their priorities for 2015 at a retreat this summer and then set a ten-step action plan into motion. A summary follows.
NPC 2015 Action Plan
1. Work for the adoption and implementation of a Complete Streets policy in Collier County and the City of Naples.
2. Create and distribute two education units - one for motorists and cyclists and one for law enforcement - about Florida's bike/ped traffic laws.
3. Create an education unit and awareness campaign in Spanish and Creole that reaches service workers who ride their bikes to work.
4. Partner with public and private groups to create and implement
a sustainable and ongoing public awareness campaign about safetyon the roadways.
5. Call on Collier County to address the issue of road debris.
6. Assist with and encourage the proposal and/or improvement and enactment of laws necessary to address bike/ped safety issues.
7. Follow up with law enforcement agencies and the prosecutor's office in the case of cycling crashes to ensure cyclists' rights are protected and relevant laws are enforced to the fullest.
8. Call on local clubs and organizations that sponsor bike rides, walks, and runs to incorporate safety instructions into each event, require a safety course for all new members, call out members who do not obey
the laws, and actively promote safety on their social media sites.
9. Support the Blue Zones initiative to further promote the creation of a healthier, safer, better connected, bikeable/walkable community.
10. Issue a yearly assessment of bike/ped safety progress in Collier County beginning one year from the release of this action plan.
DEC 14 NPC BOARD MEETING, 6:00 pm, call for information 239-777-7718
JAN 2-3 BIKE VALET SERVICE, 8:45 am - 5:15 pm, for Naples New Year's Art Fair, corner of 5th Ave. S and 8th St.
JAN 11 NPC BOARD MEETING, 6:00 pm, call for information 239-777-7718
JAN 24 NAPLES BIKE BRUNCH & FAMILY FESTIVAL more
BECOME A MEMBER of NAPLES PATHWAYS COALITION and help us create a complete system of safe streets, sidewalks, and pathways throughout Collier County. There are several membership categories. . .
REGISTER HERE for KIDS BIKE SAFETY DAY at the Bike Brunch . .
TAKE THE INITIATIVE TO REPORT ROAD DEBRIS . . .
Work with members of your community and make a difference
NAPLES PATHWAYS COALITION is a non-profit group of local citizens advocating a fully integrated and safe transportation network of sidewalks, bike lanes, bike paths, multi-use paths and greenways for use by cyclists, pedestrians and other people-powered transport throughout Naples and Collier County.
Safe pathways for cyclists, walkers & runners