Safe pathways for cyclists, walkers & runners
NAPLES PATHWAYS COALITION is a non-profit group of local citizens advocating a fully integrated and safe transportation network of sidewalks, bike lanes, bike paths, multi-use paths and greenways for use by cyclists, pedestrians and other people-powered transport throughout Naples and Collier County.
Work with members of your community and make a difference
THE RIVER OF GRASS GREENWAY PROJECT IS IN JEOPARDY! If there is not an apparent show of support for the ROGG project, the funding process will not move on to the next level. See how you can help . . .
BECOME A MEMBER of NAPLES PATHWAYS COALITION and help us create a complete system of safe streets, sidewalks, and pathways throughout Collier County. There are several membership categories. . .
May 11 NPC BOARD MEETING, 5:30pm, call 239-777-7718 for information
May 12 PATHWAYS ADVISORY COMMITTEE of the MPO meeting, 9 am, Rm. 609/610, 2800 N. Horseshoe Dr., Naples
May 18 NAPLES CITY COUNCIL workshop on roundabouts, 8:30am, City Hall
Mau 20 NPC RIDE OF SILENCE, 6:30pm, more
NPC ACTION PLAN FOR 2015
The Board of Directors of Naples Pathways Coalition identified their priorities for 2015 at a retreat this summer and then set a ten-step action plan into motion. A summary follows.
NPC 2015 Action Plan
1. Work for the adoption and implementation of a Complete Streets policy in Collier County and the City of Naples.
2. Create and distribute two education units - one for motorists and cyclists and one for law enforcement - about Florida's bike/ped traffic laws.
3. Create an education unit and awareness campaign in Spanish and Creole that reaches service workers who ride their bikes to work.
4. Partner with public and private groups to create and implement
a sustainable and ongoing public awareness campaign about safetyon the roadways.
5. Call on Collier County to address the issue of road debris.
6. Assist with and encourage the proposal and/or improvement and enactment of laws necessary to address bike/ped safety issues.
7. Follow up with law enforcement agencies and the prosecutor's office in the case of cycling crashes to ensure cyclists' rights are protected and relevant laws are enforced to the fullest.
8. Call on local clubs and organizations that sponsor bike rides, walks, and runs to incorporate safety instructions into each event, require a safety course for all new members, call out members who do not obey
the laws, and actively promote safety on their social media sites.
9. Support the Blue Zones initiative to further promote the creation of a healthier, safer, better connected, bikeable/walkable community.
10. Issue a yearly assessment of bike/ped safety progress in Collier County beginning one year from the release of this action plan.
We are seeking an intern with communications experience to launch a public relations and marketing blitz for the River of Grass Greenway making use of social media and mainstream media. The internship begins IMMEDIATELY and will have a duration of three (3) months.